Do you have a Valentine? Make something special for someone else or keep all the chocolates to enjoy. Either way, finding yourself under a pile of empty candy wrappers with a tummy ache the morning of February 15th is just too cliche. Store bought brand-name candies are full of chemicals, high fructose corn syrup and other many-lettered harmful ingredients that no one can pronounce which can lead to all sorts of stomach issues. This year, make a healthy delicious treat in less than 15 minutes. These dark chocolate almond walnut cranberry clusters have the perfect amount of sweetness so that you’ll fall in love, no cupid needed.
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
3/4 cups naturally sweetened cranberries
For the Chocolate:
1 cup cocoa powder
½ cup melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup (add more to sweeten to taste)
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Spread both almonds and walnuts out evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes (it is better to under roast than burn so watch closely).
2. Mix the cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup until a smooth chocolate is formed. (Or melt down chocolate chips with a touch of coconut oil) Measure sugar free cranberries and roasted nuts and stir into smooth melted chocolate evenly.
3. Spoon out small clusters of the mouth-watering mixture onto aluminum foil lined baking sheets.
4. Then (the fun part, because let’s be honest, toppings take the clusters from ordinary to extraordinary), mix and match toppings: drizzle and sprinkle any combination of sea salt, coconut flakes and caramel.
5. Slip in the fridge for 10 minutes or more, and these treats and ready to eat! (I prefer to eat them chilled!)
Photos Taken By: Christin Urso