Could I see a show of hands from all my Betty Crocker boxed brownie mix lovers? You, my friends, are going to want this quick and easy 4 ingredient recipe. Picture this… You’re currently cutting refined sugars or dairy or gluten or whatever it may be and your buddy asks you to bring a homemade sweet treat to the halloween party this weekend… before you saw this post, this request may have posed an issue, but with this recipe… CRISIS AVERTED! You head straight to Trader Joe’s, pick up 4 ingredients, mix them into one bowl, roll them up, press them down, pop them in the freezer and arrive to the party a hero (make that a health hero there to save the paleo and celiac souls with your soft chewy cookies).
These no-bake cookies are protein packed, vegan, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, paleo, take 5 minutes to whip up and only consist of 4 ingredients that can all be purchased at Trader Joe’s! HOW AMAZING IS THAT? Making cookie dough from scratch is no quick task… until now! Click here to watch the video!
TRADER JOE’S SHOPPING LIST:
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Creamy Salted Cashew Butter
- Organic 100% Pure Grade A Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl combine:
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into ping pong sized balls and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, criss cross the top of each cookie by pressing down gently on the cookie dough to make vertical lines and then again to make horizontal lines.
- Pop the cookies into the freezer for 30 minutes or more and enjoy!
- Store cookies in the fridge or freezer to avoid melting in a hot kitchen.
If you’re feeling extra: Mix in a fun topping like cacao nibs, pecans, walnuts or even freeze dried blueberries (get creative!) before freezing. If you want to add a glaze try combining 2 Tbs of coconut oil with 2 Tbs of Maple syrup and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a food processor and frosting your cold cookies and then popping them back into the freezer. If your are allergic to nuts, try subbing coconut flour and sunflower seed butter.
For more ways to eat super clean without looking like a diva check out this post: Eating Clean without the Drama